After reading several similar posts on different groups for the past couple of months and after all my ups and downs during these five past months I’ve been doing online marketing, I think there are a few misconceptions a lot of people have, here’s my personal recap (This is my personal opinion and I’m a firm believer these are all untrue. I insist on personal because of I’ve clashed with the SEO obsessed on this group several times
– “Google loves longer posts” If your 2k words post is full of filler content, a 700 words post that is useful and straight to the point will beat it anytime.
– “What theme is better for my X niche post” A theme is a design. I use the same theme for two sites that don’t have anything to do with each other. You can adapt any theme you want to match any topic you want.
– “What percentage of keywords is good for google” People who are reading your article don’t give two cents about whether your post has 10% of your main keyword in it or more. They care about whether they found a solution to their problem when googling the “keyword”
– “I can’t find a niche” This one drives me crazy because a niche is a topic. When you decide what your site will be about, that’s when you found your niche.
– “Which is better: an amazon affiliate site, a niche site or an authority site” It doesn’t matter, a site can be all these or none of these depending on what it is you’re trying to do. When I started I just wanted to write articles along with links to affiliate stores, now I’m working on launching my own products. There’s no such thing as a “type” of a site. A site can have your own products, your affiliate links, can be an authority site and a targeted niche site as in focusing on one topic.
– “If you build it they will come” No business ever can get you clients without a bit of promotion. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars but you can’t complain about people not finding your site and google not indexing your site according to your timeline if you don’t invest a bit of time and money.
– “Amazon affiliate program is the only way to go” Throughout the past few months and since Amazon doesn’t work with my country, I’ve found several another platform that offers programs with a higher commission rate than amazon. Some companies offer direct affiliate programs without going through Amazon.
– “Do Clickbank or X programs work”? Clickbank, share a sale, commission junction offer programs, they’re not a product in themselves. If a product is good and you promote it well, it will make you money whether it’s through amazon, Clickbank or direct. These are the platforms that put you “in contact” with the affiliate program.